Preventative Health is an area of medicine designed to allow you to take measures to prevent disease and disability. Prevention is always better than cure.
At Roxboro Medical Centre our Limerick doctors offer Well Man and Well Woman checks to identify any potential causes for concern. We advocate for healthy lifestyles including smoking cessation, reduced alcohol consumption and weight reduction if applicable and we promote active lifestyles.
Preventative care is not just for people without any underlying medical condition, in fact it is probably more important to have regular check ups if you have an underlying condition. Evidence shows that regular reviews of chronic medical conditions lead to improved patient outcomes through better condition management.
At Roxboro Medical Centre we run chronic disease management programs for underlying conditions such as:
- Hypertension (high Blood pressure)
- Ischaemic health disease (coronary artery disease/Heart Attacks)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Heart Failure
- Cerebrovascular disease (Strokes)
- Atrial fibrillation (an Abnormal heart rhythm that can lead to stoke)
- Hereditary Haemochromatosis